The Kilkenny Archaeological Society (KAS) was re-established as a Kilkenny Society in 1945 having originally been formed in 1849. Its aim is to promote and renew interest in the antiquities and history of Kilkenny county and city. All who share these interests are invited to join.
KAS is headquartered in Rothe House and Garden, Parliament Street. This 16th century townhouse contains the society's archive library, significant museum items, a number of exhibitions both permanent and temporary and also a thriving genealogical research service. The house is managed on behalf of the Society by Rothe House Trust Ltd.
Old Kilkenny Review Journals
and much more...
The Kilkenny Archeological Society hold events throughout the year covering a wide range of topics.
42 Parliament Street
April 25 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Lecture: Archaeological Air Survey in County Kilkenny – Progress, Problems and Potential by Doctor Gillian Barrett Admission for members of theDETAILS