The Capuchin Friars in Friary Street

Paddy Neary The first recorded reference to the Friars in Kilkenny is 1643, when they were granted accomodation in St John’s Abbey by the Corporation. In 1678 they had a chapel and convent in St John’s Abbey, the community consisted of three. In 1682 Fr. James Tobin procured a plot of “waste ground on the […]